Active ingredient: Cetirizine
Common use: Cetirizine is an antihistamine used to treat both seasonal and perennial allergy symptoms, e.g. runny nose, sneezing, itching eyes and watery eyes. Cetirizine is also used to threat hives.
How to use: Unless otherwise ordered by your doctor, Cetirizine is taken orally once a day. Cetirizine can be taken with or without food.
If you miss a dose of Cetirizine, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time to take your next dose, skip the missed dose permanently and stick to your regular dosing schedule. Do no take two doses at once or near each other in time.
How to store: Store Cetirizine at room temperature in a tightly-closed container, and keep away from heat, light and moisture.
- The elderly may be more sensitive to the effects of Cetirizine, especially the drowsiness. Caution is advised.
- Always check with your doctor before increasing the dose of Cetrizine.
- Alcohol, even in small amounts, can impact your reaction to Cetirizine.
- Other medicines, including both prescription medicine and over-the-counter medicine, can impact your reaction to Cetirizine. Check with a medical professional before you combine Cetirizine with any other medicine.
- Do not drive, operate machinery or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to Cetirizine.
- Cetirizine can cause drowsiness.
- If you are or plan on becoming pregnant while using Cetrizine, discuss the benefits and the risks of using Cetrizine during pregnancy with your doctor.
- Cetrizine is excreted in breast milk. If you are or plan on breastfeeding while using Cetrizine, discuss the benefits and the risks of using Cetrizine while breastfeeding with you doctor.Examples of reported side effects of using Cetrizine:
- Dry mouth
These side effects may go away during treatment.
In children, Cetrizine can cause stomach pain and vomiting.
An allergic reaction of Cetrizine is unlikely, but if it occurs you should seek immediate medical attention. Rash, itching, swelling, breathing difficulty and severe dizziness are symptoms of an allergic reaction.
Contact your doctor right away if you experience dark urine, yellowing of eyes or skin, or persistent fatigue while using Cetrizine.